Monday, July 18, 2005

Thoughts about Small Group

I am relatively new to the small group system of my church, but I am so happy after I started to get more involved with the group. I am not a person who like to initiate conversations to new people so I appear to be distant and solemn. My ex-roommate said that she thought I was scary before she got to know me better because I never smiled.

I guess I am just guarded around new people. Opening myself up to strangers makes me feel extremely vulnerable, and I don't like it very much. However, once I move pass that stage, I become extremely open, and I talk about things that people normally don't want to know or talk about.. :D I'll just say sorry in advance to my new friends, BEWARE!

Getting back to the small group, after meeting with the small group regularly, I start to get more comfortable with everyone in the group, and I was very happy that all my small group members were there for my baptism to show their support and join me afterwards to celebrate my rebirth and birthday.

I also got the chance to talk to individuals or couples outside of small group time, and I really enjoy it. I treasure the new friendships that I found and I look foward to the new friendships that I am going to develop in the future.

3 comments:

JavaBoy said...

Ann, I love your honesty! I can't WAIT to see and read about what's going on in your head! Welcome aboard, sister!

Leann said...

You are an amazing person, Ann. Can't wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

Ann...we like you too. So I guess it's a win-win situation.