Monday, January 30, 2006

Wedding Story - Part 1 The Food

Wow... It's been over a month since I last posted. My laziness just can't seem to go away. No matter what, I am now a married woman. I am not sure how it happened, but everything seemed to fall into place for my wedding (of course with my loyal maid-of-honor's help). Since there are so many areas to cover, Andy suggested that I break it down into several posts. So here comes part 1 - the food.

The week before the wedding, I took time off from work to take care of every last-minute thing, like, hmm...., the food. Andy and I considered my favorite Chinese restaurant in Rockville, Maryland, but decide to drop because it is too far and they probably won't deliver to Virginia. Then we wanted to get food from Wegman's because they have both American and Chinese styles of food. We never made a final decision. After my parents arrive, they wanted something not to shabby for the guests, so I also considered Chicke'n'Out's Catering, but the decision just kep dragging on. Finally on the day of the Tech Bowl game (sorry we lost to Alabama), after days of nagging from my dad, Andy and I stopped at the Chinese restaurant and asked them if they will deliver for Saturday to Virginia. The lady said sure and that the chef will come up with a menu and let me know the price. After we came back to Virginia, very soon she called back with two menus and quotes. The menus and quotes were more than satisfactory and we decided right then and there for them to cater for the wedding.

The only problem is that the lady from the restaurant said they couldn't deliver the food until 1:30pm, which would be really kind of late if we also needed to set up the food. However, a couple of days later, I (actually it' was Szelyn, my maid-of-honor) called the restaurant to get the final rate for the food, the owner asked what time they should deliver, I said that it would be best for the food to arrive around 1 pm, and he said no problem. In the end, the food arrived just about the perfect time. Other than the spicy dish, I think everyone really enjoyed the food. Andy and I also got to taste our wedding food. According to many others, they didn't get to eat any food at their own wedding. I am grateful that we did. :)

No comments: