Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Removal of Conditions Part 2

Wow.. It's been almost a year since I posted something on this blog. How lazy can I be?

Anyway, since last year, there are some new updates on my "Removal of Conditions" front. I got my biometrics test done and went with Andy to Fredericksburg to get some Sonics.

In February 2009, I got a notice from USCIS that my application for the "removal of conditions" was moved from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center. I was totally confused and googled online to see what exactly this is about. One great web site came up, which is Visa Journey. The web site also provide great information on any visa/immigration related issues. In the Forum I found out that a lot of people are going through the same thing as I am. So once I saw the posts of people with similar experience, I relaxed a little bit and started to wait patiently to see what would come up next.

In April 2009, I got a letter from USCIS notifying me the approval of my removal of conditions. That was exciting. Last week, I got an notice that my green card has been ordered and I should get it within 30 days. I just hope that it gets here before my driver's license expires. I am totally not looking forward to another couple of hours sitting in the DMV trying to get my license renewed.

So my next step is to apply for naturalization. How exciting~~

No comments: