I do wish the company will at least arrange a temporary seat with computer and email address for me because I am currently migrating from one person's seat to the next, whoever is not using their computer for a moment. If I have my own seat, I don't have to worry about interrupting other people's job or invading their personal space when they are not there. Next week I will continue to work there. I guess I'll just take it week by week. My supervisor in the company seems to like me, and the other admins seem to be appreciative of my help. I take that as a good sign.
Anyway, there are some other perks working in this office. They have a nice coffee machine, constant supply of soft drinks and bottled water. Also, since I started working there three weeks ago, there has been three office parties. They ordered from some nice places and did a pot luck. I hope that they will continue to have parties and I won't have to bring lunch to work.. :D
Today, the staff in the office actually threw a wedding shower for one of the office managers, who got married in June. Some of the staff members brought in very nice food, like, sun-dried tomato dip, BBQ chicken dip, and fried chicken wings. Since I didn't take a break until they had the party, I stayed in the party for almost 1 hour. That means that I ate for about 30 minutes. Maybe having party every week is not such a hot idea if I want to fit into my wedding dress.
Talking about wedding, we are still searching for our wedding photographer. We made an appointment to go into Arlington to visit a studio after church. I hope this will be the end of the search. We've visited three photographers so far. I like some of the features from each of them, but it is hard to decide which features we'd sacrifice for the other ones. I hope Sunday's visit will give us additional options or at least let us make our final choice.
Oh well, it's been a long week, and it's time for a little bit video game.. :D Until next time...
1 comment:
Office parties are the bomb! (Wow...haven't used that expression in ages.) Can't go wrong with free catered food. Aww yeah.
Post a Comment