Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Home Sweet Home

On December 20, 2006, I got on the airplane to take me back to my home country that I have not visited for four and half years. It was a long trip, but it is worth the time and money to go home to see my family.

I got to the airport at about 9:30 in the morning and patiently waited for my flight at 12:20pm. The flight was long and uneventful and I barely slept at all. My plan was to stay awake most of teh whole trip so when I got back to my parents' house I could simply pass out. I changed plane in Tokyo, Japan and did not have much time to spare between flights. The plane got to Taiwan right on time and I waited for almost an hour before I got my suitcase. I called my mom because she said she was going to wait for me in the airport, but found out that she was still at the hospital. My nephew, Little Whale, went up to the hospital for his regular treatment for Pompe Disease, but started to have a temperature and the doctor decided to keep him in the hospital for observation.

I guess I still knew my ways around, I bought the bus ticket and two and half hours later, I was back at my hometown. It was late at night and I still see some people awake out and about getting some midnight snack. At that moment, I knew I was finally home.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Ann...where are you? Post more blog love please!!! :)