Monday, September 24, 2007

What's going on?

Life seems to settle to a pattern of going to work, eating, cleaning, doing laundry, going to church and going to small group. I miss the days that I can just go somewhere without having to worry about my obligations and daily chores.

Since we came back from Taiwan, we spent five days in Texas, four days in New York, and half a day in Fredericksburg. When did we become so boring? We are probably too young to complain about life weighing us down, but it seems to be true. It's getting harder to spontaneously drop everything and go on a road trip.

Living in the richest area in the country does not help. God says, "You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour." I try hard to not think about what I do not have, but it is a struggle.

Well, it is just life.

1 comment:

Sign2Jill said...

I know what you mean, sister!

It's good to have you blogging again!