Right after Andy and I have decided to get married, I started compiling a list for all the guests that we want to invite. The list started at 60 people, and has now grown double of that. I am not exactly sure how, but apparently there are a lot of people we find very important to us in our lives.
Our family
I have a huge extended family. Some of them are in Taiwan, and some of them are in the US. I think the family in the US probabl takes up one third of the guest list. Most of them live along the east coast, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Virginia, and Georgia. Some other ones live in Texas. When I called and told them that Andy and I are getting married, everyone was thrilled, and promised that they will mark their calendar and try their best to come. Of course, my parents are coming to share the special day with me. I hope they won't feel too cold in January.
Andy has a smaller family than mine, but they too were very excited about our upcoming wedding. Andy's parents even had a Labor day meeting with all the extended family in the Dallas area to talk about the travel and lodging arrangement for the trip. From what I understand, Andy's immediate famil will arrive the Thursday before the wedding, and his grandpa and uncle and aunt will drive up from Alabama around the same time. Not so sure about his paternal grandparents yet, but an invitation is definitely necessary so they won't feel that we forget about them.
Friends and Mentors from Tech
Andy and I both spend more than 4 years in Lubbock, TX, and over 2 of those years we spent there as a couple. We definitely would like to invite some of the friends and mentors that have some type of impact in our lives. Dr. M, my graduate advisor, is like my sorgate mother in Lubbock, and she also took Andy in as another child after we started dating. Job and Jenice, the Sunday class teachers, opened their house and heart to the broke and single students that we were, and provided spiritual guidance that we needed. Stephanie, one of the friends I've known the longest in Texas. She is always cheerful and will alway be there when you need her.
There are also many people that we got to know and become close friends with. Szelyn was my RA and then my roommate. Her sunny and open personality always cheers me up. Anchalee was my across the hall neighbor, and then my roommate. Her caring personality always comforts me. Sarah and Chaohua were my companions to speak Chinese at school. So many times we were just happily chatting away while working, and Dr. M stepped out of her office wondering what we were talking about.
Andy met Bellah when he was involved in Tech Campus Crusade. Bellah was Andy's Ultimate frisbee buddy and also a spiritual leader. However, I think what Andy like most about Bellah is his Smoker. Bellah used to work in the kitchen in County Line (the best BBQ joint in Lubbock). and he makes killer briskets and ribs.
Friends from FXCC
Although Andy and I have only attended FXCC regularly since January of this year, we've made a lot friends there. Jeff and Ashley always open their house for us (the game cube in the basement for me especially). Jeff (Coco) is like a brother that I never had (or wanted), and his lovely wife Laurie is like a little sister that I do have (but I don't fight with). Ben provides all the advices that Andy the law student would like to know. Katherine and Leann can provide help in planning anything you want to relieve your stress. Sammie and Jill provides a lot of love and supports for anyone who needs them.
Please forgive me if I miss anyone, but there are just so many of people that constantly enrich Andy and my spritual life.
Other Friends
Andy has a very special friend who knew him since he was in Junior high. She was his best friend for the longest time (until recently.. :D) .
Andy and I started to get to know Amy (a friend from Taekwondo) when we bumped into each other at the bookstore. Now we hang out almost every week. How can I leave her out of the wedding?
So many others, so little space...
Anyway, Andy and I have finally decided on the wording of the invitation, and I will start working on getting everything ready to be sent out in October. Wish me luck!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
6 years ago
3 comments:
I'm honored to be on your list. Of course, anyone who knows me has me on their list, I'm sure ;-) And I found your comments about Coco highly amusing...
Hey Ann! Can't believe the wedding is coming up so fast. I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to see you in December.
earth to ann...your haven't posted in over month....
Post a Comment